Tiffany (“Tiff”) is the principal of O’Connell Law LLC, an estate planning and elder law planning firm in Natick, Massachusetts. Tiff focuses her practice on estate planning, trust and probate administration, Medicaid planning, long-term care planning, Alzheimer’s planning, charitable planning, and retirement and wealth strategies.
Tiff decided in 2010 to open her own law practice to provide exceptional customer service and care to her clients. Before beginning her private law practice, Tiff worked as an attorney with another estate planning law firm. She joined that firm in 2007 following an active-duty tour in the Army’s Judge Advocate General Corp at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., where she served for 1 ½ years as Soldier’s Counsel for disabled soldiers. Before her active-duty tour, Tiff worked for many years in the insurance industry, both in-house as well as with an insurance defense law firm.
Tiff believes that estate planning and elder law planning is not just about providing comprehensive and thorough legal documents, but also about getting to know clients on a personal level, working closely with them to understand their concerns and goals, and taking the time to explain options in clear, easy to comprehend language. In short, she believes that the essence of estate planning and elder law planning is establishing strong, personal relationships and working with clients to help ensure that their goals are met.
Tiff is passionate about helping her clients live as fully as possible as they age. In addition to providing essential legal solutions, Tiff helps her clients think about and plan for the different stages of life. Tiff has also built O’Connell Law LLC to be a resource for caregivers so that they can take better care of their loved ones and themselves as well.
Tiff obtained her J.D. from New England School of Law in 1994, her Bachelor’s degree in English from Boston College in 1991, and her LLM in Taxation at Boston University Law School in 2011. Tiff is Certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation. She has a “Superb” AVVO Rating for attorneys and was named as a Super Lawyer. Tiff has also received her Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils.
Tiff lectures frequently on the topic of Alzheimer’s and dementia as well as on Trusts and Estates.
She is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Tiffany has served on various non-profit committees and boards in her local area. She is a past Chair for the Board of Trustees of Bethany Hill Place and is also a past president of her local Rotary club.
In her spare time, Tiff enjoys cycling and spending time with family and friends. She can often be found in her yard gardening or hiding out with her nose in a good book.
She is also licensed as a commercial pilot and flight instructor and hopes to one day have time to fly and buy a $100 hamburger.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Planning
- Probate Administration and Trust Administration
- Business Succession
- Medicaid Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Massachusetts, 1995
- New Hampshire, 1998
- Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA), 2019
- “Superb” AVVO Rating for attorneys
- Named as a Super Lawyer in 2019
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1994
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M. – 2011
- Major: Taxation
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc., Member
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- Wealth Counsel LLC, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Past Chair for Board of Trustees, Bethany Hill Place (2017-2019)
- Past Board member, Bethany Hill Place (2013-2019)
- 2014-2015 Club President, Charles River Rotary