Tiffany is the principal of O’Connell Law LLC. Tiff focuses her practice on estate planning, Medicaid and veterans benefits planning, trust and probate administration, business succession planning, charitable planning, and retirement and wealth strategies.
Tiff decided in 2010 to open her own practice in order to provide a very high level of customer service to her clients. Prior to having her own law practice, Tiff was an attorney with an estate planning law firm on the North Shore. She joined that firm in 2007 following an active-duty tour in the Army’s Judge Advocate General Corp at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., where she served for one and a half years as Soldier’s Counsel for disabled solders. Prior to her active-duty tour, Tiff worked for many years in the insurance industry, both in-house as well as with an insurance defense law firm.
Tiff received her J.D. from New England School of Law in 1994. She received her Bachelor’s degree in English from Boston College in 1991. Tiff earned her LLM in Taxation at Boston University Law School in 2011. She also has received her Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils.
She is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Tiff is a member of the American Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; Boston Estate Planning Council; Elder Counsel LLC; Fiduciary Inn of Court; National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.; National Association of Estate Planners & Councils; New Hampshire Bar Association; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners; and Wealth Counsel LLC.
Tiff is also involved with her community and serves as a board member of the Bethany Hill School (an affordable housing community with a focus on education and inclusion); club president of her local Rotary club; and as a committee member for Leadership MetroWest.
In her spare time, Tiff enjoys cycling and spending time with family and friends. She is also licensed as a commercial pilot and flight instructor and hopes to one day have time to fly and buy a $100 hamburger.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Probate Administration and Trust Administration
- Business Succession
- Medicaid Planning
- Veterans Benefits Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Massachusetts, 1995
- New Hampshire, 1998
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1994
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M. – 2011
- Major: Taxation
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Boston Estate Planning Council, Member
- Elder Counsel LLC, Member
- Fiduciary Inn of Court, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc., Member
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), Member
- Wealth Counsel LLC, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Bethany Hill School
- 2014-2015 Club President, Charles River Rotary
- Committee Member, Leadership MetroWest